Books about poop. Who knew? There are books about most anything!
Actually there are quite a few books about poop and there is a lot to learn about it. Reading these books is actually surprisingly interesting and you can learn all sorts of things, from biology to history and more.
I hope you will take some time to check these out. I can tell you right now that many, many boys find these books fascinating.
Hey, if it holds their interest and they are learning while reading about something that is a natural function of the body, why not, right?
Be sure to stop by our best books for boys page for more great books that boys will enjoy.
This post may contain affiliate links which means we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. All opinions are our own and we share things we think would be of interest to boys.
Books About Poop
- Poop: A Natural History of the Unmentionable is all about animal poop. The book has amusing illustrations and is packed full of poop info such as what scientists can learn about animals from studying their poop.
- Have you ever been asked about the history of poop? Just in case you are, here is a history book that covers how poop shaped human development. It includes both historical photos and illustrations. Poop Happened!: A History of the World from the Bottom Up It’s an interesting one!
- The Truth about Poop is amusing, odd and a tad gross but it is a great book that includes things that you will barely believe. Um, did you know that people cook with it, sculpt with it, and even use it as a Frisbee!?
- The Scoop on Poop is all about animal poop and how it is used. The author is also a photographer so you get to see the subject, ahem, close up and in full color.
- Get the Scoop on Animal Poop: From Lions to Tapeworms: 251 Cool Facts about Scat, Frass, Dung, and More! This was a interesting one. It has little blurbs of facts and great photos throughout the book. It will hold a lot of boys’ interest.
- Jurassic Poop: What Dinosaurs (and Others) Left Behind covers ancient poop and what we can learn by studying it. Includes facts, stories and activities.
- Flush: The Scoop on Poop Throughout the Ages is another through the ages book. However, none of these books about poop are exactly the same and this one includes poop poems. Yes, really. The poems are accompanied by interesting facts in the sidebar.
- In rhyming fashion, the book All About Poop follows a boy and his dog as they find out about how poop becomes poop and what happens to it after it leaves the body. Nicely done.
- I have spent an incredible amount of time at zoos. We really enjoy going. I have to say that after this book, I am never going to look at a zoo trip exactly the same again. Super interesting to read! Who Pooped in the Zoo? Exploring the Weirdest, Wackiest, Grossest, and Most Surprising Facts about Zoo Poop
- Yet another scoop on poop title! This one is great. The illustrations are very funny and both my son and I were laughing and being grossed out at the same time. The Scoop on Poop: Lifting the Lid on the science of Poo and Pee
- The very popular You Wouldn’t Want to series has come out with You Wouldn’t Want to Live Without Poop!. I’m sure this title will be making its way into our house soon.
If your boys are into learning all about this subject, you can never have enough resources so here is a bonus article on pooping in space that boys may enjoy.
Book about poop – who knew there were so many interesting titles on the subject? Well, I did, because we had read quite a few. Oh, the hidden talents of a homeschooling mom lol.
See our other book lists for more books boys will like. You really have to try this one too:Gross Books!