I won a Liebster Award!
Ok, I should say that many, many people have won the award and no, I didn’t really do anything spectacular to win but still . . .
Seriously, I really am excited to have been given this award. Plus, I do get to display this snazzy button in my post!
The Liebster Award is a neat way for bloggers to get to know each other by giving random facts about themselves and answering questions posed by the person who gives you the award. It is also a way for a blogger’s readers to learn more about them. I wouldn’t normally tell you these random things, so, all in all, I think it is rather fun. Plus I get to nominate 5 more blogs–I love that.
Here we go!
I’m Sheila and I blog about boys’ learning here at BrainPowerBoy. I am married, I live in Central Wisconsin and enjoy learning alongside my son. You can read more in the about me section of the blog.
Clare from The Super Mommy Club was so sweet to nominate me for the Liebster Award. I met Clare a short time ago and was surprised and pleased that she nominated me. Thanks Clare! You need to pop over to her blog to check it out. She writes about parenting, kids, and even has some yummy recipes to try. I am particularly fond of her 15 Mexican Recipes for Kids Roundup.
Clare asked me to answer these questions:
1. When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?
An Artist. Yup, I had grand visions of being an artist living in a log cabin in the woods.
2. Cereal or toast?
Cereal, but my true love is cinnamon rolls.
3. What was your favourite book as a child?
The House at Pooh Corner.
4. What movie have you watched more than three times?
I honestly cannot think of one movie that I have watched more than 3 times. I’m not a big movie/tv person.
5. Why do you blog?
I started blogging because I wanted to make connections with others who are interested in boys’ learning and share some different ideas about the ways boys can learn. I have come to love connecting with other bloggers and meeting new people online. I find it very fun and rewarding. I am a bit of a resource junkie so it is great to be able to share some of the neat things I find with others.
6. What was the make of your first car?
7. Have you ever made a mix tape?
What’s a mix tape? (LOL) Nope.
8. Apple or Android?
9. Twitter or Pinterest?
Pinterest—oh, I do love Pinterest! I am really enjoying pinning LEGO and other neat things for boys. I think I might be obsessed.
10. If money was no object where would you most like to go on holiday?
Oh, boy. That is a tough one. I think I would like to go to Australia. I have always wanted to go there ever since I was young.
11. What was the best gift you’ve ever received?
I have to go with a non-material gift here. My son. He is a joy.
Here are the required 11 random facts about me (it is harder than you would think to write a list like this!)
1. I like pizza (on a regular basis.)
2. My hair is prematurely gray 🙂
3. I find learning fascinating.
4. I am married to Mr. Rogers.
5. I love to read.
6. Paper organization and I don’t get along.
7. I like grocery shopping and couponing—really!
8. I like to walk through zoos with my family and spend time with the animals.
9. I am fond of children’s book quotes such as this one from Peter Pan:
. . . the moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it. Peter Pan, Chapter 14 ~J. M. Barre
10. Small details are one of my favorite things in life.
11. Unexpected surprises (such as a butterfly landing on my arm) make my day.
I nominate the following bloggers for a Liebster Award — very official sounding isn’t it?
Jasmine from About Pet Rats. If your boy has a pet rat or would like to know more about them, Jasmine’s site is the place to go. Her rats are super cute and she takes neat pictures of them–see Dean at Dawn in his Pirate ship under “Housing.”
Cindy from Superhereos and Teacups. By the name of Cindy’s site alone you know I am going to love it 🙂 after all we really love superheros here! Cindy mixes superheros and trucks with learning activities and tea. A lovely combination.
Mitzi from Written Reality. Mitzi writes about great ideas for family fun. She also has the most mouth watering recipes on her site (you need to go to her site and find her rib recipe under “foodie fun.”) I enjoy her posts–a lot–and think you will too.
Liska from Adventure in a Box. I saw a play tree house Liska made and was immediately in love with it. Pop over to her site to see what she has been making and check out her arts and crafts as well.
Birute from Playtivities. Birute shares a lot of activities and fun things for kids to do. What I especially like about Birute (other than the fact that she is so very nice) is that she makes toys from everyday objects. Go see some of the great creations on her site.
Here are my questions for Jasmine, Cindy, Mitzi, Liska and Birute to answer in their Liebster Award post:
Where did you grow up?
What type of books do you enjoy reading?
Pizza or Tacos?
Of all the posts you have written, which do you like best? Link please so we can all enjoy it.
Do you have a tablet?
What do you like to do in your spare time? –Do bloggers have spare time? 🙂
What is your favorite animal?
Google+ or Pinterest?
What is your superpower?
If you could build anything out of LEGO what would it be?
Which blogger inspires you the most?
The rules are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
I would like to add a suggestion of my own as well. Please come back and link to your Liebster Award post so we can all learn more about you.
Give Someone a Little Surprise to Make Their Day:
As I said in my 11 random facts section, unexpected surprises make my day so thanks again Clare for nominating me for the Liebster Award. It has been fun getting this post together and even more fun connecting with you and the bloggers I have nominated. I am very fond of all the little surprises and kindnesses that make life worthwhile.
What will you do today to give someone else a little surprise? Leave a comment below.