Today we are bringing you some fun Winter and Christmas Sight Word Games to play! If you have, or know of, a child who is just getting started with reading playing with words is a neat way for them to learn.
I would suggest these games for kids who are interested in specific words and are asking to learn to read.
I know sight word games are very popular and these are some nice ones for the colder months. Have a word snowball fight indoors or play a hide-and-seek Christmas word game. There are many more ideas below.
Don’t miss our popular free printable sight word game for another way to play.
Winter Sight Word Games
- Next we have a craft activity and a game mixed together. Get ready for Snowman Sight Word Bingo!
- Oh boy, a Sight Word Snowball Fight! Active kids are going to love this one. FYI it is done inside with homemade “snowballs.”
- For this Gingerbread Man Cookies Sight Word Activity you pretend to be a baker – so cute.
- With the Read A Word – Build a Snowman you can use whatever words you like. You can get the free printable snowman game board through the link. It is very cute!
- My friend Crystal created a fun game to play. It is a Snowman Sight Word Race. Includes free printable sight word list and game board.
Christmas Sight Word Games
- This Christmas Stocking Sight Word Game is easy to make. Kids hang their paper stockings on a garland and play a timed game.
- Here is a Christmas Sight Word 4-in-a-row Game that is similar to Connect 4 and is easy to play. Includes free printable sight word cards.
- Hide and Seek Christmas Sight Word Hunt. Using the words your boy wants to learn and a Christmas tree this makes for a fun activity.
These seasonal games are so cute! If you liked winter and Christmas sight word games don’t miss our other articles: