I have always loved Winnie-the-Pooh! Ever since I was a little girl I have enjoyed the books, the movies, and pretty much everything Pooh-related.
I was super excited to be able to create some Fun Food Winnie-the-Pooh Lunches for a Pinterest project sponsored by Chobani Yogurt.
Fun food is a new feature on the Brain Power Boy website and I will be adding all of our food posts on our Fun Food for Boys page. That will make it very easy for you to find them.
I wanted them to be cute – just like Pooh. I hope your kids like them as much as I liked creating them.
Fun Food Winnie-the-Pooh Lunches
We made two lunches featuring Chobani Tots Greek Yogurt. Each features that wonderful bear, Winnie-the-Pooh. You can see the supplies we used at the bottom of the article.
The first lunch is a corn muffin lunch with animal crackers, a fruit cup and Chobani Mango + Spinach Greek Yogurt.
To make decorate the corn muffins:
- Bake or purchase mini corn muffins.
- Draw a cute bee on one of them using Americolor Gourmet Writer Markers. For the bee, I drew an outline in black, filled in the bee body with yellow, then added the stripes. I did it this way so the yellow marker wouldn’t get black all over it.
- Draw Winnie-the-Pooh’s face on another. For Pooh’s face I used black and red markers. He is surprisingly easy to draw. Just take a look at the pictures.
- The ears are corn tortillas cut into semi-circles and dried a bit to make them hard enough to get into the muffin. I left little points at the end which would be inserted into the muffin to make it easier to attach the ears.
To make the orange cup:
- Simply cut an orange in half and carefully remove the orange from the peel. I started at the top and loosened the orange a bit at a time, working my way around the orange. Then I went further and further down until I got to the bottom.
- Segment and chop the orange into small pieces.
- Slice red grapes.
- Add sliced fruit to the empty orange cup.
The next lunch is the fun food Winnie-the-Pooh lunch with a quesadilla, Chobani Banana + Pumpkin Greek Yogurt and sliced bananas with a quartered grape in it for a bit of color.
To make the Winnie-the-Pooh Quesadilla:
- I used a thin corn tortilla because it was just the right color for Pooh’s face.
- Look at a picture of Pooh and use the black and red markers show below to draw his face on the tortilla.
- I cut the ears out of the tortilla with a pair of Kitchen Shears and simply slipped them between the tortillas and the cheese.
- Add a round of white cheese. I used provolone because my family likes it, but you can use whatever kind of cheese you like.
- If you heat the quesadilla, don’t flip the drawn face side down on the pan.
Two cute fun food lunches that toddlers, preschoolers, and anyone else who loves Winnie-the-Pooh are simply going to love!
Feel free to ask any questions you may have in the comment section below, I always respond.
Here are the supplies I used to create these lunches. After experimenting with different marker brands, I tried Americolor Gourmet Writer Markers and they were the best by far.
I’m a bit of a product researcher and need to check things out before I buy. I went with EasyLunchboxes and these Silicone Cupcake Liners. I’m very happy with all of the items and plan to use them to do more fun food for the site.
If you are interested in making your own fun food lunches like this Fun Food Winnie-the-Pooh Lunch you can try Fun Food Spider-man Lunches for Your Superhero! and Halloween Fun Food to Get Boys Cooking. Watch for more ideas coming soon!